Web video is growing in popularity – there is no doubt about this.
Here are 10 recent web video statistics – as evidence:
1. Retail site visitors who view video stay two minutes longer on average (Comscore)
Most people ‘surf’ the web – they go from site to site trying to decide on what to buy.
A video will keep them browsing your site for two minutes longer – longer time on site usually means they are more interested in your company and are more likely to buy.
2. People who view a web video are 64% more likely to purchase than other site visitors (Comscore)
An investment in a marketing video will give you more paying customers.
There’s nothing more to say really. Basically, video makes people want to buy more.
3. Retail sites with video increase conversion by 30% (L2 Specialty Retail Report)
If you are wanting to ‘sign-up’ a customer to your site or service, web video is the way to go. Imagine, a third more people enquiring with your business.
4. Mediapost reports that product videos play a key role in consumer purchase decisions, citing a 9x increase in retail video views at the start of the 2011 winter holiday season. (MediaPost)
An online marketing video can demonstrate your products, show their advantages and engage you audience much more quickly than text.
5. In a keynote address at CES, YouTube’s Vice President of Global Content Robert Kyncl said that video would soon be 90% of Internet traffic. (Forbes)
This includes both social and corporate web video.
So, if you don’t implement video on your website – you could be missing out on this huge predicted search growth.
6. 50% of smartphone users watch web video on their mobile device. (Google Blog)
Your potential client base no longer just consists of people using a desktop computer.
People have the ability to – and want to – access your site and view your web video wherever and whenever they can.
So make sure you video is mobile ready!
7. Video and other multi-media product viewing options were rated more effective than any other site initiatives in an Adobe survey of almost 2,000 interactive marketers. (Adobe)
Here’s the proof, video works. Thousands of marketers are already using it on their websites – are you?
8. Over 90% of shoppers in a recent survey found web video useful in making purchase decisions (Internet Retailer)
And why wouldn’t they.
Customers don’t want to read any more – they want you to tell them what’s on offer.
9. Forbes Insight found that 59% of senior executives prefer to watch video instead of reading text (Forbes)
You may be one of these.
Well, if video’s good enough for your customers …
10. Video in email marketing has been shown to increase click-through rates by over 96% (Implix Email Marketing Trends Survey)
Again, it comes down to the fact that most people would rather watch a video than read an article.
And it’s much more visually appealing to click a click with a graphic in an email than just a text link.
What do these statistics prove?
That web video is the future – and that those companies that do not embrace it are at risk of being left behind.
Consider the fact that pretty soon 90% of all internet traffic will be for web video – will people really bother with your website if you don’t have one?
And we’ve not even considered the additional SEO that a well implemented web video will bring to your website.
Web Marketing video is the business card of the 21st century.
It has become the only way to tell people who you are and what your about.
Click here for more information on web Marketing Video.