Software tutorial video production
THE DS SMITH STORY
It’s a big job for any firm to motivate their European management teams to adopt new online working methods to solve traditional problems.
DS Smith’s new enterprise wide applications were exactly that.
What was important was to onboard everyone - and do it quickly, avoiding the common scenario where half a company is onboard and the other half quietly ignores or postpones adopting the new applications & methods.
Our job was to help DS Smith’s IT department sell the new apps internally by showcasing the new workflows as a series of 5 video modules.
For this we hired a cast of actors to dramatise common work scenes, show how the new apps were more effective, easier and quicker than the legacy work method they were designed to replace.
Filmed in Ghent, Belgium, the videos were spread over 5 modules - part of a series of 37 videos we’ve produced for DS Smith.
Onboard more Clients, or Motivate your Workforce with Software Tutorials
The right tutorials quickly become a complete solution for pre and post sales, showcasing workflow & functionality - while reducing support desk call time for recurring issues
Onboarding your domain - a short tutorial as part of a series for this innovative email client
UK-leading recruitment agency management package requiring over 20 short tutorials
How access mail from a mobile device - 1 minute tutorial
ELECTRIC SHIPPING SOLUTIONS
Complex cargo management application for ships at sea with limited internet connections
Researching & learning your application or package
Full script and illustrated storyboard
Professional voiceover & sound
Animation & captioning
Your software images and screen captures
Pro video library clips
Up to 4 hours of final iterations
Delivered as 1080HD and 4K mp4 files
OUR SOFTWARE TUTORIALS VIDEO PRODUCTION
SOFTWARE TUTORIALS ARE AN ESSENTIAL FOR DEVELOPERS
Reduced Support Costs
- Most support calls can be eliminated by providing easy-to-follow tutorial videos.
- Actual support call times can be reduced by simply referring the user to watch the correct video.
- In many instances, software tutorials will eliminate the need to hire an extra support person.
Most buyers will finalise their decision to buy from you only after they’ve viewed your tutorials, and confirmed they can “get around” your application.
Big corporate buyers perceive packages with comprehensive tutorials as having Low Cost of Ownership – because they know they’ll have less internal support issues.
The quality of the tutorials can make or break the deal.
SPECIFICATION – 1 OFF VIDEO
- Detailed one-on-one briefing – so we understand your software
- Professional scriptwriting – more salesy? more factual? you decide!
- Fully illustrated storyboard – a book of the movie detailing exactly what will be shown
- Top professional voiceover artist – a voice that everyone will like
- Animated captions & graphics to highlight key screen areas and messages
- Editing by an experienced software tutorial editor – for a smooth professional look
- Delivery as mp4 ready for streaming.
SPECIFICATION – MULTIPLE VIDEOS
"I need a series of videos to explain my app"
The specifciation is similar to the one-off video spec, but you'll also need:
- A multi-player (like the top of this page) – which is easier to use, and uses less space on the page
- Interactivity (like at the end of the samples at the top of this page) – users can be guided with multiple choice options after watching each video. For example, to upgrade, or buy a related package that you also sell.
I need tutorials longer than 3 minutes
Tell what you’d like and we’ll adjust our quote to suit.
I can make my own tutorials
Yes. If you have the time. And the training smarts.
But consider that youtube is populated with thousands of jerky, rambling tutorials – that no one ever watches to the end. These videos crate the wrong impression and put people off.
Equally, many professional paysite tutorials are poor – whether it’s the voiceover, the pace, the missing details, the endless rambling, poor sound quality, and all the other stumbling blocks that make a poor ineffective tutorial.
Our mission at Studio Rossiter is to produce software tutorial videos that onboard new users quickly & effectively.
For professional developers – like you.